For many of us, those little holes on our faces known as pores are little more than an unsightly nuisance. But aside from blemishing our complexions, they do serve a purpose: pores house a hair follicle and sebaceous gland and serve as a gateway for sebum, our skin’s natural oil. “A pore is just a route or a channel for these things to reach the skin’s surface,” say our Nexus doctors.
While the size of our pores is largely determined by genetics, some pores tend to be bigger than others because of the size of the hair follicle and oil gland. Poor hygiene and the resulting dirt, oil and dead skin cells that often build up can also make pores look bigger. “Pores are generally clogged with sebum and dead skin cells, which naturally slough off from the side of the pore,” claim our doctors from Nexus Clinic. “If a pore becomes clogged, that will temporarily stretch the pore and make it more apparent.”
What is Dermaroller / Microneedling?
Dermaroller or skin needling is referred to as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and Micro-Needling is aimed at stimulating the body’s own collagen production to reduce the appearance of open pores, rough skin texture, fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, skin laxity and scarring such as that caused by acne or chicken pox. It has also been successfully applied for hair restoration in cases of hair loss.
How Does Dermaroller Work
The treatment introduces a series of fine, sharp micro-needles into the skin. The needles are attached to a single use, sterile roller which is moved over the surface of the skin to create many microscopic channels. This damage encourages the body to produce new collagen and elastin to repair itself and hence generate new skin cells; the skin becomes thicker, plumper and more youthful./p>
What Can Dermaroller Treat
- Open pores
- Stretch marks
- Acne scars
- Sun damage
- Hair loss
Here Are Some Facts About Dermaroller
- The channels created will close rapidly following the treatment enabling skin to recover quickly.
- In order not to feel any discomfort a topical anaesthetic will be applied to numb the skin and will normally take between 20-30 minutes to take effect.
- A specialised cocktail for your individual requirements will be applied to the skin during the needling procedure. This generally will include pure sterile ingredients such as: Vitamins, Amino Acids, Peptides, Hyaluronic Acid.
- Dermal roller is sterile and a new roller is used for each individual client.
- The needles are made of Titanium Alloy and cannot cause any allergic reaction.
- Dermal roller procedure does not cause any damage to skin
- Healing process is short and aftercare is inexpensive
It is recommended to have a minimum of three treatments with about 3- 4 weeks apart for general anti-ageing and a course of 5 is recommended for Open pores and rough skin texture.