Skip links

Penis discoloration: When to seek aid 

You should consult your primary care physician or a urologist if you observe any penile discoloration that is anything other than a moderate bruising for which you are aware of the cause. Urologists are medical doctors who specialize in the treatment of conditions that affect the urinary tract and the reproductive organs of men.

Your ailment will typically require a physical examination from a doctor, in addition to a review of your medical history and any additional symptoms that you may be experiencing.

It is possible that your doctor will order blood tests and other diagnostic procedures in order to determine the root cause of the discolouration of your penile tissue.

What are the tests to expect when having a penis discoloration check-up

A full blood count is always performed as part of a routine checkup. This examination will examine the levels of the following:

  • Leukocytes (white blood cells)
  • Blood cells, platelets, and red blood cells

For instance, having a high number of white blood cells in the blood suggests that the body is battling an infection. In addition, a blood test can be used to screen for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) such as syphilis, HIV, herpes, and hepatitis. Blood tests have the potential to uncover additional indicators of cancer as well.

When a suspicious growth or sore is found on the penis, a biopsy may be performed. This involves gently removing a small sample of tissue and analyzing it further under a microscope. This may occasionally reveal malignant cells or the early stages of another disease.

The main point to be learned 

Any alteration in the outward appearance of your penis, particularly a change in color or the presence of strange patches or growths, can be cause for concern. Do not be reluctant to seek help from a medical professional. Your chance of developing additional health concerns as a result of an untreated ailment can be reduced if you receive treatment and diagnosis in a timely manner.

In the event that a color shift takes place that is not harmful but is permanent, you may want to consider speaking with a therapist or another mental health expert to help you adapt to the new color.


Leave a comment